|Eibunren Award 2020
JAAP INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
To positively discover and reward professional quality, entries suitable for
professional work, as well as to vitalize the short film industry and discover
new talent (student and individual) of the next generation. We hope to function
as the incubator of the audiovisual industry.
- Organizer: Eibunren Award Planning committee.
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science And Technology- Japan（MEXT）
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry（METI）
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Visual Industry Promotion Organization（VIPO）
Motion Picture and Television Engineering Society of Japan, Inc.
Japan Ad. Contents Production Companies Association
Japan Post Production Association（JPPA）
Japanese Society of Cinematographers（JSC)
Japanese Society of Lighting Directors（JSL)
Digital Content Association of Japan
The Mainichi Newspapers
The Asahi Shimbun Company
The Yomiuri Shimbun.
The Eizo Shimbun
Uni Press Service co., Ltd.
- Application period: From April 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020.
- Entry eligibility:
The general public (You can apply even if you are not a member of Japan Association of Audiovisual Producers, Inc.)
- Qualification for Entries:
(1) Works that have been produced from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
(2) Works within 60 minutes in principle.
(3) Media, Method
||a) Movie, Video||
||b) TV program||
||e) Interactive Web||
- Entry Categories:
(1) Corporate Communications
Works that aim at outer branding and inner branding etc. of enterprise, and
to communicate industry or corporate culture.
||a) Corporate Introduction||
||b) Corporate PR||
||c) Facilities Introduction
||d) Sales promotion||
||e) Product Introduction||
||f) Event, Exhibition
(2) Social Communications
Works that aim at education, culture, society and/or works that convey this theme throughout society.
||a) Educational material||
||b) Science and technology||
||c) Skill recording
||d) Academic research||
||f) Exhibition image in a pavilion
(3) Personal Communications
Works that aim at a free assignment made by a group of students and individuals who wants to make a film.
- Prize Awards:
(1) Grand Prix Awards
Best Film Award（Grand Prix） １
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Minister's Award １
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Minister's Award １
Excellent Film Awards（Semi-Grand Prix） ３
(2) Outstanding Performance Awards
Outstanding Performance Award for Corporate Communications Max. ５
Outstanding Performance Award for Social Communications Max. ５
Outstanding Performance Award for Personal Communications Max. ５
(3) Special Awards
Award for Design Excellence
(4) The numbers above indicate last year’s results. This year’s results may differ.
(5) Each award is accompanied by a certificate and a supplementary award (trophy).
(1) A two-stage judging (Initial review and final review) is scheduled.
(2) Delegated to experts by Japan Association of Audiovisual Producers, Inc.(JAAP) and/or chosen jury by member of JAAP.
- Judging period: From July, 2020 to August, 2020.
- Final result announcement: Early September, 2020.（Results posted on our website.）
- Award ceremony: Mid-November, 2020 in Tokyo
- Release: From November, 2020 to February, 2021. General prize winners shown to public in Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Okinawa.
- Entry Procedures:
Entry forms must be filled out and sent together with films/videos to the Eibunren office. The applicants must pay the shipping fee.
(1) Entry eligibility Entries must arrive by May 31, 2020.
(2) Entry fees
a）18,000 yen per 1 work（The general public）
a）12,000 yen per 1 work（The member of Japan Association of Audiovisual Producers, Inc.）
b) 6,000 yen per 1 work（Student, Individual）
An invoice will be sent. Please transfer paymentto the following account. The applicants must pay the transfer commission.
MUFG Bank, Ltd. Toranomon Branch
Savings account １２５７３２０
JAPAN ASSOCIATION OF AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCERS, INC
(3) Acceptable entry format: DVD or Blu-ray. Please contact us if you want to submit in other media formats. PAL DVDs are not acceptable.
(1) Please arrange the necessary copyright before you participate. We assume no responsibility for any claims or damages relating to copyright infringement.
(2) Please include a Japanese script when entering a foreign language work.
(3) Please allow us to keep the media of the prize winning work.
Eibunren Award 2020 flyer
Please fill in the entry form that you can download from here.(Excel)
Entry form Download (PDF)
Sent to Entry Form ＆ Contact
JAPAN ASSOCIATION OF AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCERS, INC.
TOWA NIHONBASHI KOAMICHO Bld, 7F 17-18, NIHONBASHI KOAMICHO, CHUO-KU,
TOKYO, JAPAN 〒103-0016
Tel. 81-03-3662-0236 Fax. 81-03-3662-0238